The Supervisor Training and Recognition Program was officially adopted by the Kansas Association of Conservation Districts (KACD) and the State Conservation Commission (SCC) at their August 2, 2010, Joint Meeting. The program is based on national guidance provided by the National Association of Conservation Districts and the National Association of State Conservation Agencies.
KACD has developed two that are posted below. This brings the total to 16 Supervisor Training Modules. The intent of these modules is to have education materials readily available to conduct "in-house" training in district offices. These modules are especially useful when new supervisors are elected or new staff members are hired.
- Effective April 1, 2012 supervisors must complete all 16 training modules.
- Supervisors complete modules at their own leisure or at monthly board meetings.
- Upon completion, supervisor completes and signs report.
Mail report to DOC (chairperson must also sign). District must submit report to DOC by October 1 for supervisor(s) to be recognized in November of same year.
- DOC reports names of supervisors that have completed required modules to KACD by October 1 of each year.
- Supervisors will be recognized for their achievement at the KACD Annual Meeting and Convention.